Cheap Eats in the New York City

>> Friday, March 13, 2009


So I know the name of the blog might be deceiving because I don't often write about things that are truly "frugal." The name of the blog means that I am frugal in every aspect of my life in order to make good food and eat at good restaurants. Get it? The frugal wait for it, foodie(s).


Anyways every now and again I do run across some truly great cheap eats in the city and with Spring Break and the current economic situation it seems like now is as good a time as any to share these.


So here are my top cheap eats (cheap meaning for one person you can get a meal for about $10-$12 or less):



  • A Salt and Battery - I've written about this many times before and with good reason - it's delicious! Authentic fish and chips in the west village. I eat here at least once a month.

  • Cherin Sushi - great for big groups and novice sushi lovers. BYOB helps make this place super cheap. Most all rolls are under $10.

  • Caracas Arepas - traditional Venezuelan food, I once went twice in a day it's that good!

  • Real Thai - Ok, I haven't talked about this one yet, but this is one of my favorite Thai places located on 59th street @ 1st avenue. You can get soup or salad with a delicious thai lunch entree for about $6.50. Great deal!

  • Papaya Dog - I haven't written about this one either, but I can tell you from multiple experiences that this is one of the greatest hot dog places in the city. They offer the recession special (which ironically I think has gone up...) which is two hot dogs and a drink for about $4.50. Multiple locations throughout the city and perfect for a meal or snack!

All of these places are scattered throughout the city and cross over multiple genres. I like to give a little variety ya know? Either way they're all great and if you haven't been to them, then you should go!


Anyone else have any good cheap eats in the city?!

1 comments:

Melissa March 13, 2009 at 12:50 PM  

Ooo I remember you have posted about that fish and chips place. I can't wait to try all these places and PRAISE for sushi.

Will let you know what I thought about them when I get back!

Thanks!!

AddThis

Share |

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP