>> Thursday, May 28, 2009
My internet is completely broken at my apartment! So I have several posts in queue, but have been unable to publish them :(
>> Tuesday, May 26, 2009
>> Thursday, May 21, 2009
Taking it back old school I decided to re-post this again. Annie's parents are coming in town and she asked me what kind of cheese she should get for her parents and without hesitation I said "Port Salut!" Read below my previous review which still reigns true:
For my first product review I am going to discuss something that could possibly be one of my greatest culinary passions: cheese. So yeah, I'm a member of the cheese of the month club, courtesy of a Christmas present from my wonderful dad.
Every two months (I know, I said cheese of the month club, but bi-cheese of the month club is a mouthful, calm down) I get 3 new cheeses. One that has apparently left a profound impact on me is the Port Salut and yes, its French, but no, it is NOT stinky, in fact it is awesome.
Imagine a muenster cheese, that is a lot softer and milder in taste. So the next time you put cheese out at a party spare your guests of the typical spread, with havarti and cheddar, and take a closer look and pick up Port Salut (may be called SAFR Port Salut) everyone will think you're a lot classier and if possible, more awesome. Pair that sucker with some fruit and a nice white wine and everyone will love you. At least I will.
>> Wednesday, May 20, 2009
- Wylie Dufresne - The owner of WD-50 and molecular gastronomy god.
- John Besh - Adorable New Orleans chef that has been on Iron Chef and I believe he won! Right?
- Art Smith - Oprah's former personal chef and overall southern delight to watch :) He has been on Iron Chef too, but I think he lost...
I am not too familiar with any of the judges, but that's ok I am sure they are legit. I kind of wish that Tom Collichio threw his chef hat into the ring, but maybe they are saving that for another competition - "Top Chef Masters All Star Challenge."
Anyways, I am seriously counting down the days until June 10th at 10pm EST! This is going to be a great summer show!
>> Monday, May 18, 2009
- All beef dog
- Sweet Relish
- Tomato slice
- Pickle spear
- Small Peppers
- Dash of celery salt
- All served on a fresh bun
Charlotte, NC 28202
>> Tuesday, May 12, 2009
>> Monday, May 11, 2009
- 1 cup soften butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups oats (Quaker Oats are perfect)
- 1 orange
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups white chocolate chips (I didn't really measure, because, well I like a lot)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups dried cranberries (same rules apply here)
>> Friday, May 8, 2009
As the weather in New York SLOWLY transitions into something resembling Spring/Summer, I have been trying to think of recipes and drinks that remind me of this great time of year.
>> Monday, May 4, 2009
A couple of months ago my friends Maggie and Brad invited us over for a Mexican fiesta. Brad made the most amazing tomatillo salsa so naturally this frugal foodie asked him for his recipe and he graciously agreed :)
- 6-8 Tomatillos (these look like a green tomato)
- 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 of a large onion or 1 whole smaller onion
- 1 jalapeno chopped and seeded (unless you want it hot...)