Julie and Julia - Sneak Preview Review

>> Wednesday, July 29, 2009


That's right! I saw it! Totally jealous? Well you should be. My new roommate, Betsy, invited me along to join her for the sneak preview and I knew going in I was probably going to like it...A LOT! And I did - it's just enchanting.

Without giving too much away, I will just talk about the characters. I immediately identified with
Julie on every level possible (aside from job maybe, she really hates her and I like my day job). I know it doesn't seem like blogging can be stressful, but it is a bizarre feeling to spend so
much time on something and then
wonder if anyone ever reads it. Not to mention it is very narcissistic...I know I force people to read, and if you are reading this now, you were probably lured in by a catchy "status" update on Twitter or Facebook :)

Anyways, I also fell in love with Julia Child, or the Julia Child that Meryl Strep portrays. She was just a delight on screen and really embodied the essence of the Julia Child I have in my mind.

In the end, this movie for me is less about the food, but more about doing what truly makes you happy. For these women it was finding joy through cooking and sharing their experiences with an audience, something I can completely relate with :)

Foodlovers and non-foodlovers alike will love this film. Just be sure to go after dinner - it made me starving!!

Check out the trailer here

4 comments:

Unknown July 29, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

I complete thought about you when I saw the preview for this movie. Now I can't wait to see it! I am sure that it will remind me of my favoriate foodie :) But it sounds like I can totally relate to the plot myself!! Great Post!

Renee Barone July 29, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

Thanks lady!! It's a great movie, not too long, not too short. There were some loose strings at the end, but still it was really about owning what you enjoy!!

mep July 29, 2009 at 9:32 PM  

I enjoyed Julie and Julia the book, and the previews to the Julie and Julia movie look great. I am really excited to see how the two women's stories are woven together!

Barefoot Count August 17, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

saw the movie at a sneak preview in Miami. Just wanted to share that I thought this blog post was just as enchanting as the movie.

AddThis

Share |

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP