Red Wine Vinaigrette

>> Thursday, February 19, 2009

There are so many variations of a red wine vinaigrette, its hard to have a favorite. However, this recipe has quickly moved up in my ranks. It's a small recipe so its perfect for one or two salads and if you like what you taste -- make more.

It's a variation on this recipe I wrote about a while ago.

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 tsp Oregano (really just a pinch)
  • 1 small shallot (use half of one if it seems big)
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Honey

Directions:

Combine red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, oregano, shallot and just a touch of honey and whisk together in a bowl. Once that combination is mixed together well slllllllooowwwwwwwwly stream in some EVOO, I would say about 2-3 tablespoons worth, and whisk away.

It's really that easy, the only hard part is trying to hold the bottle of EVOO and whisk at the same time, but you'll manage.

Now if you wondering "why honey?" Good news. I'll tell you. I've made this dressing more times than I can count and I love it, but sometimes the red wine is just too bitter for me. So I find that adding the honey cuts out that bite a bit.

If you like your dressings a little less sweet and a little more, garlic-y (sure, why not), instead of shallow chop up a clove of garlic.

This is great on any salad!

0 comments:

AddThis

Share |

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP